You are passionate about software. Software is what makes you tick. Perhaps, you were already making your first applications when you were young. Growing older and studying Computer Science, you learned more on Java technologies, n-tier applications, client- and server sides. The last couple of years you have become passionate on DevOps and service-oriented architectures. How to deploy and create future-proof software.
You are a passionate software architect who likes to keep up to date on latest trends and technologies. Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following statements:
- Gets information to give recommendations to strategic plans and reviews. Prepares and discusses action plans, and can implement production and quality standards, resolve difficult problems, identify trends, and determined to improve the system and lead change;
- Understands information requirements by studying organization mission, goals, and business drivers, conferring with executives.
- Defines infrastructure for design and integration of (internet) computing systems by analyzing information requirements; choosing or adapting new platform architecture, technology, and tools, where you also focus on studying business operations and user-interface requirements and directing development of physical databases.
- Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing analytical models and completing validation tests.
- Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies, evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Offline and online publications are encouraged!
You are eager. You would like to dive deep into a problem to be able to get the overview and give the right recommendations. You like to work in a cross-functional team with colleagues all around the world!
WELCOME AT ABS
ABS is a software development company. We have been making software since 1987 for our customers. With steady growth over this period of time, ABS has become a worldwide leader in textile care and rental specific software. Serving over 450 plant operations around the world, the ABSSolute system is in use in approximately 40 countries supporting time zones from Tokyo to Los Angeles. Our main office is located in Belgium and the Netherlands and our development department is in Boxtel and Bucharest (certified ISO 9001:2000).
ABS has developed several in-house applications. Our largest application is a 3-tier application system with a database backend. In addition, we have web portals, web services, PDA applications on Android and Windows and a business intelligence solution. And we are continuously exploring new applications and technology.
We are currently focusing on Service-oriented Architecture, DevOps, Spring, Microservices, REST API’s, continuous deployment and we are looking for an architect who likes the challenge to help coordinate applications of millions of lines of code and thousands of tables into future-proof software applications. We are looking for someone with experience in software architecture, design, network design and implementation, and who can present technical information to our customers. You are a full stack expert, including front-end, with knowledge of Web / UI design, HTML5, CSS3, and Angular.
Our software professionals distinguish themselves by their technical expertise and their attention on service for our customers. Working with, constantly changing, technologies, maintaining our applications or creating new ones, and directly interfacing with our customers all over the world. Our office is always active and the atmosphere is cooperative and result-oriented!
Professionals who start at ABS, always begin with an extensive training program. The focus is on understanding our business, our customers, our processes, and of course: our software! Coached by a specialist, you will learn more on one of the largest and most complex pieces of software you have ever seen. Our professionals are always busy with:
- Diving into issues, coming directly from our customers all over the world, trying to understand the business and software logic and come up with software solutions;
- Understanding business requirements, directly from our customers or from internal stakeholders at ABS and translating these into software solutions;
- Upholding and actively contributing in extending good software practices. This ranges from requirements engineering to Agile way-of-working, from automating regression testing to service-oriented architecture;
- Proactive knowledge sharing is very important at ABS. Excellent communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders is vital and we expect and provide technical mentoring for all software specialists.
YOU @ ABS
Do you like to join a large and challenging software development department from the worldwide leader in textile care and rental specific software? Do you like to expand your knowledge and put it into practice with smart and challenging colleagues who push you further to get more potential out of yourself? Are you looking to become part of a great team of specialists at our fantastic comfortable location in Boxtel?
We offer you the opportunity for professional and personal growth within an international company with training. In addition, we always offer an attractive salary. ABS is a firm believer of flexible working and puts a strong emphasis on creating and maintaining a friendly working atmosphere inside a dynamic, enthusiastic and successful team.
Maybe you recognize yourself in the above requirements and you are convinced that you have the right motivation and potential to join our company, we challenge you to show this during an interview with some of our specialists.